Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-25 20:42:13

jibro

[Solved] Task bars missing on login

Hi,

For no obviously apparent reason (no settings were changed on the previous session) the task bars have disappeared from the desktop.
All the desktop icons are in place and the apps can be launched from the right click menu.

The problem is confined to the one user account. If I logon to another account on the system then the task bars appear as normal.

I suspect there may be a problem with the panel startup, if I run xfce4-panel there is some error output (may be normal) and the task bars appear, however the process does not complete and when you ^c out the task bars vanish again. If I try runnng xcfe4-panel from the working user account the process exits saying that panel is running.

If I diff the panels.xml files on the good and bad accounts there no differences found.

xfce 4.6.1-2ubuntu2

xubuntu 10.04.03

user@ubuntu:~$ xfce4-panel

(xfce4-mixer-plugin:4001): libxfce4mixer-CRITICAL **: xfce_mixer_get_track: assertion `GST_IS_MIXER (card)' failed

(xfce4-mixer-plugin:4001): xfce4-mixer-plugin-CRITICAL **: xfce_mixer_plugin_set_card: assertion `GST_IS_MIXER (card)' failed

(xfce4-mixer-plugin:4001): xfce4-mixer-plugin-CRITICAL **: xfce_mixer_plugin_set_track: assertion `GST_IS_MIXER_TRACK (track)' failed
^Cuser@ubuntu:~$

rgs jibro

#2 2012-01-26 03:22:02

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Task bars missing on login

Try running xfce4-panel from the run dialog (Alt-F2).

It might also help to reset the saved sessions cache:

rm -rf ~/.cache/sessions

Note: this will delete any previously saved sessions that you may have.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2012-01-28 13:48:40

jibro

Re: [Solved] Task bars missing on login

Sorted - thanks!

Reset the saved sessions cache as suggested, then ran xfce4-panel from the run dialog box.

Everything now back to normal.

Board footer