Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-02 03:16:47

oldbloke

Customising the panel

Only an actual user of the xfce, but I have access to Unix administrators who administer and configure it.
Asked for the panel as I log on to lots of unix servers from our gateway server running xfce on redhat linux.
The Panel only shows a small box if a unix Xterminal emmulator session is open in it. Is there a way to either show a title in this box showing the server name connected or perhaps when mousing over the box it will display the title bar?
The reason I need this is I usually have anything from 1 to 20 unix sessions connected so they get hard to find.

Previously I had asked for more windows so I now know the config for the panel is in this file :

/home/<my account>/.config/xfce4/mcs_settings

and looks like this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE mcs-option SYSTEM "mcs-option.dtd">

<mcs-option>
        <option name="Xfwm/WorkspaceCount" type="int" value="12"/>
        <option name="names" type="string" value="1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10;11;12"/>
</mcs-option>

But I can't seem to find any info on the syntax of this file or how to customise it further.
Hoping someone can help me get a bit further with customising my panel as described above.
Thankyou

#2 2012-02-02 13:03:22

secipolla

Re: Customising the panel

I don't know about servers (so if it's the case you may disregard the following) but at least in Xfce 4.8 the panel's window buttons show username@domain:directory for terminals and even when set only to show little buttons the title appears when hovering the mouse pointer over them.
Don't you have any graphical configuration tool for that (by right-clicking the panel)?

#3 2012-02-02 23:56:42

oldbloke

Re: Customising the panel

Thankyou,

Version of panel is 4.4.2
Right click in panel only gives me Quit, Restart or About
I think our mean Unix Administrators have turned off a lot of access to configure XFCE

Board footer