Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-05 21:29:02

paolo321

saving session behaviour

I tried to add a third panel to my xfce desktop (xubuntu oneiric), but it disappeared after every logout.
The only way I had to make it persistent has been saving session after adding it, checking the checkbox in the logout window.
After this I never saved session again, but my panel is correctly persistent anyway. Saving session is not needed when adding plugins to that panel.
Even if clearing .cache/sessions , panel continues to work, so session needs to be saved only once for that panel to become persistent.

Maybe someone can explain me how saving session works?
I'm quite confused since I thought that an added panel would be "saved by default" , without involving session management.
Needing it one time only, but not necessarily always make me even more confused :-)

#2 2012-03-06 03:54:48

ozjd
Website

Re: saving session behaviour

When you log back in it will start the last saved session so if that session was saved before you added a panel the panel will be missing.
If you clear the cache it will start all the currently configured panels. Sessions just save what panels etc. and applications that are in use and restarts them. So any  plugins e.g. don't need the session to be saved again.

#3 2012-03-06 08:23:32

paolo321

Re: saving session behaviour

Saving needed for panels but not for plugins is strange, but no problem, now I know it :-)

Thank you

Last edited by paolo321 (2012-03-06 08:58:14)

Board footer