Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-18 16:53:03

kosovafan

Xfce Panel

Hello,

i have installed XFCE 4.10 on Sabayon Linux. And after the upgrade today the panel is same like the gnome shit. The Clock is in middle and want not go back and the window from thunar or other program is in background of the task panel. Is there a chance to go back like before. i hate this and want it not.

Crazy i go away from gnome because there come the shit and now the same in XFCE. Why? Thats really crazy the last time, there come things and we user must accept it. Thats not normal, we use Linux because we feel free, but the last years more and more come the same like in windows. Use it, or leave it.

Thanks for help.

Regards
Silvio

#2 2012-05-19 00:50:52

udp

Re: Xfce Panel

kosovafan wrote:

The Clock is in middle and want not go back and the window from thunar or other program is in background of the task panel.

I'm not sure I understand, but at a wild guess maybe you want to add a transparent separator to the right of your Window Buttons and check the "Expand" box?

#3 2012-05-19 23:58:10

kosovafan

Hello,

yeah sorry my english is not perfect. I has make two screenshots, one with old configuration on my laptop, and secound is the problem what i mean (red color) on my netbook. I want have the old configuration, and my question is how can make it, or help only a downgrade?

The Program title, close, minimized is in the menu bar. Thats not normal, i ask me why? Thanks for help.

Regards
Silvio

Old  XFCE: http://silviosiefke.de/img/ext/old.png
New XFCE: http://silviosiefke.de/img/ext/new.png

#4 2012-05-20 05:31:01

vasa1

That isn't normal or desirable. But why is the bad one 1024x600 and the good one 1024x768?

#5 2012-05-20 15:34:47

kosovafan

Hello,

this with 1024x600 is my netbook Samsung NC 10, there i have installed the update. Other is HP Pavilion Notebook, there i have not installed the Updates and this has 1024x768.

I think i must change the Desktop. This is not a good configuration.

Regards

#6 2012-05-20 17:26:25

ToZ
Administrator

To move the clock and notification icons to the right, try inserting an expanding separator between the Window Buttons plugin and the indicator/notification plugin.

To move the Opera window (and the window controls below the panel) try holding down Ctrl then left-click hold and drag the window down. Or, I believe if you turn on then off again the panel Autohide property, it will force the window down into the available screen area.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#7 2012-05-21 22:05:19

kosovafan

Hello,

thanks for the advice. But with STRG i has the menu from the panel. Whereis the Autohide Property? And this happen not only with opera, all programs i run, the go in the back of the panel.

The notifications button and clock want not go in the right side, i make seperator, more taskwindows and seperators but when close the program goes so like in screenshot new.

Thats crazy really. From one Version to other version have this and can not change. User has really the option with pc.

Regards
Silvio

#8 2012-05-22 04:12:40

ozjd
Website

Right click on the panel, then Panel and Panel Preferences for the autohide option.

The separator needs to be set to expand in the separator properties after right clicking on the separator.

#9 2012-05-23 23:44:41

Markk

I had the same issue on upgrade. The people above are right to suggest the separator in the bar, but if you were like me, it was already there, just for some reason the upgrade turned off the "Expand" Property. To get it back, just right-click just to the right of the left side items in the panel and you should get a little menu that says 'separator' at the top. Click on Properties, click on the expand checkbox, and all will be ok.

Mark

#10 2012-05-24 01:50:37

jserink

Hey Markk:

I was having the same issue as Kosovafan with my panel on the left side of my screen....
I also hated the fact that restart, shutdown, hibernate and suspend all required their own buttons in the panel now.

I followed your advice, installed the seperator and set expand to on and magically....
Shutdown, restart, hibernate and suspend all when back inside the logout dialoge.

i don't know why exactly but it works, fine.

Cheers,
john

Board footer