Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-13 16:36:33

Venomenus
Website

[Solved] Compiling Plugins for Tumbler

Hi,

I am fairly new to compiling code etc so please bare with me.

I have compiled and installed tumbler 0.1.26 from source since then I have lost the video thumbnailing, I noticed when running autogen.sh that in the listed plugins to be enabled/installed both the ffmpeg and gstreamer plugins has no next to them. I assume this is why I no longer get video thumbnails generated.

But my question is hopefully nice and simple, How do I enable these plugins to build.
I tried being clever and typing stuff like ./autogen.sh --enable-gstreamer-plugin but nothing changed. :'(

Thanks in advance.

Lee

#2 2012-12-13 17:18:25

secipolla

Re: [Solved] Compiling Plugins for Tumbler

First you could try './autogen.sh --help' or './configure --help' to look at the options.
Also the features may be automatically included/excluded depending if you have or not the proper build dependencies for them. Look for any README files.

#3 2012-12-13 18:31:54

ToZ

When I compile tumbler from source on Xubuntu, the following dev packages are required:
   - libffmpegthumbnailer-dev
   - libgstreamer0.10-dev
   - libgsf-gnome-1-dev
   - libpoppler-glib-dev
   - libopenrawgnome-dev

The names may be different depending on the distro you are using.

How To Ask For Help           Xfce FAQ                            Xfce Release Information
The Xfce Community          Xfce Tips and Tricks

#4 2012-12-13 19:02:58

Venomenus
Website

Thanks Guys I got it compiled and working, the gstreamer dependency was the problem.

Board footer