Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-25 06:18:51

gojira

some Gimp windows sticky under Xfce although they are not supposed to

Hi,

I have the problem that some of the windows of GIMP are sticky while switching virtual desktops, although they are not set to being sticky! In particular the Toolbox and some other windows (Change Foreground Color selector window...) are always sticky. The main working window of GIMP behaves normally, though.

This is not so good because I liked about the virtual desktop the fact that I can keep many windows separate and it made for an easier workflow.

Is there any way how I can prevent these windows of GIMP to be sticky?

Thanks, Gojira

==
I am using:
XFCE version 4.8, distributed by Xubuntu
GIMP 2.6.12

#2 2012-12-26 03:51:31

SantaFe

Re: some Gimp windows sticky under Xfce although they are not supposed to

GIMP 2.8 now has a Single Window option.  Just start GIMP, then click on the Windows tab on the toolbar, & checkmark Single-Window Mode.  The tool Box should become part of the window.  I like that option, as it was a pain to keep having to move the tool box out of the way on bigger pictures. 

Hope this helps. wink

bah weep grana weep ninny bon. big_smile

#3 2012-12-26 05:12:58

gojira

Re: some Gimp windows sticky under Xfce although they are not supposed to

SantaFe wrote:

GIMP 2.8 now has a Single Window option.  Just start GIMP, then click on the Windows tab on the toolbar, & checkmark Single-Window Mode.  The tool Box should become part of the window.  I like that option, as it was a pain to keep having to move the tool box out of the way on bigger pictures.

Thanks! I upgraded to GIMP 2.8.2.

I noticed that with GIMP 2.8.2, even in multi-window mode (which I like more than single-window mode) the windows now behave normally as long as you do not want them to be sticky (which is what I want most of the time)!

I.e. no un-called for sticky behaviour. It is, however not possible to control the sticky behaviour of sub-windows explicitly, it simply doesn't work. Only the sticky element on the main window works, and it controls the behaviour of all GIMP-subwindows.

Well I guess I can't have it all. Still, I am happy that at least I can now confine Gimp to a separate, dedicated virtual desktop - thanks!

Board footer