Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-04 01:38:54

parnote

Suggestion for Thunar Custom Actions

I know there has been a "project" afoot to enable the use of sub-menus to help categorize and better organize Thunar Custom Actions, and to help clean up the clutter in the Thunar context menu (if you, like me, have a gagillion custom actions). However, after many follow-ups (checking in on the project page), it seems to have stalled, and there has been no new news for the past 4 years.

With the restructuring and reformatting of the uca.xml file (thank you!), I have to admit that it more closely resembles the xml file that controls the behavior of the Openbox window manager. Given the capabilities of Openbox, controlled by the rc.xml file, how difficult would it be to build in the ability to create sub-menus for Thunar Custom Actions that appear in the Thunar context menu?

I apologize if this has been asked before, and if I'm asking for a much larger undertaking than I perceive. I haven't done any real programming in several years (I still tinker with bash a lot, though).

Thank you to all of the Xfce developers and those who contribute to this project. Xfce is, by far, my absolute favorite desktop environment. I hope that Xfce never deviates from its roots that make it the most efficient, yet most powerful, desktop environment around.

#2 2013-03-07 04:14:18

the_file

Re: Suggestion for Thunar Custom Actions

parnote wrote:

I know there has been a "project" afoot to enable the use of sub-menus to help categorize and better organize Thunar Custom Actions, and to help clean up the clutter in the Thunar context menu (if you, like me, have a gagillion custom actions). However, after many follow-ups (checking in on the project page), it seems to have stalled, and there has been no new news for the past 4 years.

With the restructuring and reformatting of the uca.xml file (thank you!), I have to admit that it more closely resembles the xml file that controls the behavior of the Openbox window manager. Given the capabilities of Openbox, controlled by the rc.xml file, how difficult would it be to build in the ability to create sub-menus for Thunar Custom Actions that appear in the Thunar context menu?

I apologize if this has been asked before, and if I'm asking for a much larger undertaking than I perceive. I haven't done any real programming in several years (I still tinker with bash a lot, though).

Thank you to all of the Xfce developers and those who contribute to this project. Xfce is, by far, my absolute favorite desktop environment. I hope that Xfce never deviates from its roots that make it the most efficient, yet most powerful, desktop environment around.

Its powerfull because its modular, just like the linux kernel is also modular.

#3 2013-03-07 06:24:53

parnote

Re: Suggestion for Thunar Custom Actions

Sorry ... but what does the previous comment have to do with my suggestion for Thunar Custom Actions?

Board footer