Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-15 00:54:54

kodiakz

[Solved] Behaviour of Workspace Switching

Hi there,

I am running Xfce 4.10 on arch linux and came over from gnome 3. Despite all the negative things in gnome 3, there are some things I found very useful and which differ in Xfce. When I am receiving a notification about an incoming email and I click on it, evolution switches to the active workspace rather switching the active workspace to the one where evolution is open.Similar to clicking on a link which moves the firefox, not the workspace. Is there any chance to adjust this to my habit?

Another thing is areo-snap when moving the window to the top. Xfce does only half screen resizing, while gnome does it to full screen, which I found more useful.

Do not get me wrong, I really like Xfce, it is just some bits here and there.

Cheers kodiak

#2 2013-03-15 01:41:18

ozjd
Website

Re: [Solved] Behaviour of Workspace Switching

Welcome to Xfce

For the workspace issue I think what you want is Settings - Window Manager Tweaks - Focus, change 'When a Window Raises Itself' to 'Switch to Window's Workspace'

Sorry can't help with the snap although there are Snap settings under Window Manager - Advanced.

#3 2013-03-15 01:48:28

kodiakz

Hello and thanks for the quick reply. Your suggestion did work as wanted! Maybe I should open another topic and mark this as solved for the snap thing?

#4 2013-03-15 02:47:48

ozjd
Website

Might get better results, mixing 2 unrelated problems in a thread often isn't a good idea.

Board footer