Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-21 06:03:44

adlibo

Problem with some Notification Area icons

I have a strange problem with some icons when I open a program. This seems to happen almost consistently with Clemetine and often Qbittorrent (different versions of the icons you can choose in the settings of this program make no difference). Basically the icons ignore the size of the panel when the first appear. I have my panel set quite thin (19) and when I open one of these two programs the icons show up far too big for the panel. If I go to panel preferences and resize smaller or larger and then set it back to what it was the icons go to the size they should be.

This what it looks like:

rqx0pl2.png

I've tried showing the frame, setting the minimum size to the same as the panel size or smaller but these settings are ignored by these two applications (haven't noticed it yet with any others so far). I have also tried different icon themes. I'm using the default Greybird that comes with Xubuntu 12.04.

This has happened with the default version that comes with Xubuntu 12.04 LTS as well as the latest version from the PPA (4.12?).

#2 2013-11-24 17:17:52

adlibo

Re: Problem with some Notification Area icons

Is it worth bumping this?

#3 2013-11-25 17:52:14

MountainDewManiac

adlibo wrote:

Is it worth bumping this?

Five days after posting the thread, lol? Probably not, since it was still on the first page of threads and visible to everyone.

Good luck with your issue, though. Seems like there have been a couple of recent threads about (generally) the same thing, that is, issues with panel icons not being resized properly. I wonder if it is worth mentioning on the XFCE developers' email list? Obviously, they don't have unlimited time/resources, and must decide what to focus on... Perhaps it would be beneficial for you till let them know that there is interest in getting this type of issue addressed. IDK.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#4 2013-11-26 12:09:00

sonycdr

Since the thread titel is rather general, I decided to post a similar issue here. I am rather new to xfce, used ubuntu before and have now switched to xubuntu. Some panel icons do not display transparency correctly, for example the Jitsi instant messenger software. Their icons look like this:

jitsi_icon

Searching through my filesystem however, I found the some jitsi icons in different resolutions. They look ok when viewed with GIMP, for example.

Board footer