Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-26 20:01:18

WinRiddance
Website

[Solved] Customized, specific screenshot shortcut ... Is it possible / how?

I like to have my regular every day applications sitting in my panel as immediate shortcuts for whenever I need a specific app. File Manager, Terminal, Calculator, Writer, Gimp, and so on. I also have a screenshot shortcut but it's for the basic application command only ... the one that opens the little window which gives you a choice of the entire desktop, the active window, or selecting a region of the screen. Is there any way (and how) to create a shortcut with one of those options enabled by default?
Perhaps something that needs to be added to the following?

xfce4-screenshooter

For example, I do use all 3 options but the one that I use most often is the "selecting a region" method for screenshots. When I select that it's kept in session until I log out or reboot. I'd like to set that up as a permanent shortcut in my panel so it doesn't matter anymore whether the system's been running for a week or if I just rebooted after an update. Just a single clickable shortcut that always does the same thing (screenshot with region as the default).
Thoughts, ideas, or even solutions? Thanks in advance.

PLEASE ... Don't respond to questions with meaningless or thoughtless comments!
PLEASE ... Help others, don't be lazy! Take a moment to mark your post SOLVED if you received a solution.

#2 2013-12-27 00:30:02

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Customized, specific screenshot shortcut ... Is it possible / how?

If you look at:

man xfce4-screenshooter

...you'll see the many parameters that you can pass to the command, including:

-r, --region
              Select a region to be captured by clicking a point of the screen
              without  releasing  the mouse button, dragging your mouse to the
              other corner of the region, and releasing the mouse button.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2013-12-27 15:35:52

WinRiddance
Website

Re: [Solved] Customized, specific screenshot shortcut ... Is it possible / how?

I keep forgetting about the man pages because quite a few times in the past when I've looked at them, the info. was generally related to lengthy terminal commands or due to my lacking knowledge with Linux just not easy to understand. The info. is sincerely appreciated. Tried it and it worked like a charm. Thanks.

PLEASE ... Don't respond to questions with meaningless or thoughtless comments!
PLEASE ... Help others, don't be lazy! Take a moment to mark your post SOLVED if you received a solution.

Board footer