Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-28 11:58:08

iuomo

Missing icons

I'm running xfce4 and I'm missing applications icons in menus and on my panels.
Such as nedit and terminal.
I also don't have the folder icon using thunar file manager.
It's no big deal but it would be nice if this option worked.

I'm running xfce on gentoo
azzerare ~ # uname -a
Linux azzerare 3.10.25-gentoo #3 SMP Sun Jan 19 07:56:12 PST 2014 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3400+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

I really like xfce4 over gnome on my system,
The only option I wish xfce4 had was a PrtScn

Thanks in advance for any hints.

#2 2014-01-28 13:44:10

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Missing icons

Make sure you have at least the gnome and hicolor icon themes installed. Although even they alone don't come with the full complement of icons. You might want to look at installing other icon themes like Faenza (+Faenza-Xfce), Elementary Xfce, Awoken, etc. Either that or edit the launcher properties to point to valid installed icons.

As for PrtScn, makes sure you've built/installed xfce4-screenshooter and bind the PrtScn key to that app via Settings Manager -> Keyboard -> Application Shortcuts.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-01-28 14:29:00

iuomo

Re: Missing icons

ToZ wrote:

Make sure you have at least the gnome and hicolor icon themes installed. Although even they alone don't come with the full complement of icons. You might want to look at installing other icon themes like Faenza (+Faenza-Xfce), Elementary Xfce, Awoken, etc. Either that or edit the launcher properties to point to valid installed icons.

As for PrtScn, makes sure you've built/installed xfce4-screenshooter and bind the PrtScn key to that app via Settings Manager -> Keyboard -> Application Shortcuts.

thanks.  that solved the problem

i added x11-themes/gnome-icon-theme-3.8.3

now things work

Last edited by iuomo (2014-01-28 14:35:55)

Board footer