Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-29 09:44:22

wyrias

Missing Menu Bar on XFCE

hi there,

i'm running this new version of ubuntu and i've got some big problems. i installed lubuntu 14.04 and the recent version of xfce. i then discovered a problem with some menu bars first in thunderbird, then in firefox and some other programms, while others (shutter f.e.) are working just fine. i tried to change some things with the theme but nothing really works.

the funny thing is, when i switch to the lxde desktop and then start thunderbird, the menu bar is just fine and everythings works great. but then, when i hit back to xfce nothing seems to work pretty good.. i also uninstalled thunderbird completely, deleted the .thunderbird - folder but still.. nothing seems to work. :c

here are some pictures of the problem:

thunderbird with and without activated menu bar:

28jhdf7.png

24zx653.png

and this is what is missing: the menu bar. working just fine in transmission:

2aaf0yh.png

xfce version: 4.10
linux version: Lubuntu 14.04

@laptop:~$ thunderbird

(process:25093): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(thunderbird:25093): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(thunderbird:25093): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(thunderbird:25093): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(thunderbird:25093): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised

thanks so much for help. <3

Last edited by wyrias (2014-04-29 10:38:48)

#2 2014-04-29 10:24:37

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Missing Menu Bar on XFCE

Both firefox and thunderbird have an option to show/hide the menu bar. Can you confirm whether these options are enabled?

Also, try changing your Appearance theme (Settings Manager >> Appearance >> Style) to see if that helps. Maybe its a GTK problem?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-04-29 10:32:58

wyrias

hey ToZ,

as i mentioned above, the screenshots are with enabled and disabled menu bars.. and that is the problem, that there is no difference.

i tried changing the theme, but nothing worked for me. hmm

Last edited by wyrias (2014-04-29 10:33:24)

#4 2014-04-29 12:51:01

ToZ
Administrator

Do you have the global menu stuff installed? firefox-globalmenu or thunderbird-globalmenu.

And do you have either indicator-applet-appmenu or indicator-appmenu installed?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer