Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-02 22:14:08

rich77

Window Buttons, focus follows mouse and wheel to switch windows

I'd like to use sloppy focus, but it seems to break the use of the mouse wheel to switch windows on the window buttons applet. With focus follows mouse selected (in settings > window manager > focus), using the wheel on the window buttons applet just gets stuck on the first window instead of switching through all of them. This is on a vanilla Xubuntu 14.04 install. Has anyone else noticed this or know of a work around? Thanks smile

#2 2014-05-03 00:23:14

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Window Buttons, focus follows mouse and wheel to switch windows

Just tested it on Xubuntu 14.04 and am noticing the same behaviour as you note, however on my Arch laptop (Xfce 4.10), it works properly. Probably best to create a bug report for it - I would recommend Ubuntu's launchpad. From the affected machine:

ubuntu-bug xfwm4

...to get you started (you'll need a launchpad account to be able to create it).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-05-03 08:50:37

rich77

Thanks ToZ. Nice to know it used to work, so the bug is somewhere between 4.10.1 and 4.11.0/4.11.1 that Xubuntu ships. I tried reverting part of the panel code that looked fishy, but the bug persisted. Must be some event that gets lost now between xfwm and the panel. I've filed a bug in case anyone else has this problem and can add some input https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … ug/1315623

#4 2014-05-03 12:26:37

ToZ
Administrator

I've added myself to the affected list on that bug report - hopefully it will get some traction.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer