Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-20 13:44:56

lroe921

[Solved] current wallpaper

Hello,

I want to get the current name of the wallpaper but it'i in the list .wallpaperXFCE
I can't get the name of the wallpaper because it'snt displayed.

extract from home/user/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<channel name="xfce4-desktop" version="1.0">
  <property name="backdrop" type="empty">
    <property name="screen0" type="empty">
      <property name="monitor0" type="empty">
        <property name="brightness" type="int" value="0"/>
        <property name="color1" type="empty"/>
        <property name="color2" type="empty"/>
        <property name="color-style" type="int" value="1"/>
        <property name="image-path" type="string" value="/home/user/.wallpaperXFCE"/>
        <property name="image-show" type="bool" value="true"/>
        <property name="last-image" type="empty"/>
        <property name="last-single-image" type="string" value="/usr/share/images/desktop-base/default"/>
        <property name="last-image-list" type="string" value="/home/user/.wallpaperXFCE"/>
        <property name="backdrop-cycle-enable" type="bool" value="true"/>
        <property name="backdrop-cycle-timer" type="uint" value="1"/>
        <property name="image-style" type="int" value="0"/>
      </property>

<property name="xinerama-stretch" type="bool" value="false"/>
    </property>
  </property>

</channel>

Last edited by lroe921 (2014-05-20 18:38:34)

#2 2014-05-20 18:00:00

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] current wallpaper

Which version of Xfce are you using?

In 4.10, it doesn't seem possible - xfdesktop doesn't seem to expose this information.
However, on my Xubuntu 14.04 install (Xfce 4.11), there is a property in the xfce4-desktop channel that displays the current image name (it changes as the image cycles). It can be viewed via:

xfconf-query -c xfce4-desktop -p /backdrop/screen0/monitor0/workspace0/last-image

...(note: screen0, monitor0 and workspace0 may vary from system to system and may not be the same as yours. Adjust as required). The following command can help to show which property (if any) gets updated when the image changes:

xfconf-query -c xfce4-desktop -m

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-05-20 18:36:33

lroe921

Re: [Solved] current wallpaper

ToZ wrote:

Which version of Xfce are you using?

In 4.10, it doesn't seem possible - xfdesktop doesn't seem to expose this information.
However, on my Xubuntu 14.04 install (Xfce 4.11), there is a property in the xfce4-desktop channel that displays the current image name (it changes as the image cycles). It can be viewed via:

xfconf-query -c xfce4-desktop -p /backdrop/screen0/monitor0/workspace0/last-image

...(note: screen0, monitor0 and workspace0 may vary from system to system and may not be the same as yours. Adjust as required). The following command can help to show which property (if any) gets updated when the image changes:

I don't mention it but I'm in 4.10 (Debian Jessie)

xfconf-query --channel xfce4-desktop --property /backdrop/screen0/monitor0/last-image
/usr/share/images/desktop-base/default

/usr/share/images/desktop-base/default is the last  picture set as single image.

my wallpaper list is stored in /home/user/.wallpaperXFCE.
If I understand what you said, the command shoud give me one of the wallpaper listed in .wallpaperXFCE
I assume this function  is not implemented yet.

With this command I don't get info and wallpaper has changed several times. The command works and could be useful to tweak my desktop

There is no Meta Package XFCE 4.12 in the repository for the moment. I'll be waiting.

Thanks smile

Board footer