Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-16 20:54:28

Sharky

Customise drag/drop behaviour for NTFS file systems?

Hi, not sure if this is more a bug or something for the wiki wish list (http://xfce.wikia.com/wiki/Wish_List).

I would prefer drag-drop to move rather than copy items to/from NTSF/EXT4 drives like it does when doing so within ubuntu's default ext4 filesystem. I appreciate that this is probably by design (although is conceptually similar to the bug concerning moving items to/from the desktop to thunar). Would it be possible to add an option in settings to set the user preference for this?
Or does anyone deep enough into the code know if I could easily patch mine to do this? I assume it's a relatively simple bit of "IF (same drive) THEN (move) ELSE (copy)"?

Thanks. If this is a wish list item, am I ok to just edit the wish list? Me, a lowly, n00b, tinkering with the hallowed document?!  wink

Cheers

edit: sorry, thunar 1.6.3 on xubuntu 14.04

Last edited by Sharky (2014-08-16 20:54:53)

#2 2014-08-17 10:32:55

MountainDewManiac

Re: Customise drag/drop behaviour for NTFS file systems?

I think it's that way by design, and I think it's that way when one is dealing with two drives/partitions, regardless of the filesystems involved. (I could be wrong, on one or both counts.) I think it works that way when one of the drives is a remote one on a network, too.

Seems like Microsoft OS behave in the same fashion, IIRC.

If it ever gets changed, this user hopes that they make it an option, instead of mandatory.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer