Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-08 18:38:41

ivailo_georgiev

[Solved] Problem with bluetooth A2DP connection on Xubutnu

I bought Iogear GBU521W6 buetooth dongle. It is works fine on my Xubuntu 14.10 64bit. But when I try to conned A2DP with my bluetooth headphones - connection failed. Pairing is OK, but A2DP connection failed. I try on liveCD on Ubuntu 14.10 64bit and it is works! Therefore, the problem is in xfce.What can I do?

#2 2014-11-08 19:43:33

MountainDewManiac

Re: [Solved] Problem with bluetooth A2DP connection on Xubutnu

Boot into your Ubuntu 14.10 disc. Run Synaptic Package Manager (you might have to install it, IDK). Type "bluetooth" (sans quotation marks) into the search box. Select "Status" in the lower-left section, then select "Installed" in the upper-left one. This gives you a list of all installed files which mention bluetooth in their name or description. Write down the names and version numbers of each installed file.

Now do the same with your installed distro, and if there are any files on your list which are not installed, install them. I'm guessing that there will be. If, OtOH, the list of files is the same on both, it's probably a configuration issue somewhere.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2014-11-09 16:51:46

ivailo_georgiev

Thank you, MountainDewManiac, for comprehensive response. The problem was in package pulseaudio-module-bluetooth. Now work is fine! Поправка и ремонт на бойлери от добър сервиз в Стара Загора. Thank you again!

Last edited by ivailo_georgiev (2017-02-10 09:06:27)

#4 2014-11-09 22:00:11

MountainDewManiac

I don't really know much, but that method has helped me in the past.

I've got Bluetooth functionality - but for some reason, I have to enter this line in a terminal window (well, press up-arrow twice and then press enter, lol):

pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover

After I do so, my Bluetooth speaker works. There's probably a real easy way to insert that command into my startup routine, but I only use the speaker occasionally, so I'm fine with it.

I was interested to learn that I could actually use my laptop as a Bluetooth speaker for my cell phone. I haven't really used it other than to try the feature out, but it works.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#5 2014-11-10 00:33:50

ToZ
Administrator

ivailo_georgiev wrote:

Thank you, MountainDewManiac, for comprehensive response. The problem was in package pulseaudio-module-bluetooth. Now work is fine! Thank you again!

You should report this to the xubuntu team by creating a bug report so that the package is added in future versions.

MountainDewManiac wrote:

I've got Bluetooth functionality - but for some reason, I have to enter this line in a terminal window (well, press up-arrow twice and then press enter, lol):

pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover

After I do so, my Bluetooth speaker works. There's probably a real easy way to insert that command into my startup routine,

I have this in my /etc/pulse/default.pa file:

### Automatically load driver modules for Bluetooth hardware
.ifexists module-bluetooth-policy.so
load-module module-bluetooth-policy
.endif

.ifexists module-bluetooth-discover.so
load-module module-bluetooth-discover
.endif

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer