Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-09 12:42:21

rolgiati

Panel auto-hide does not

My panel is set to auto-hide.

When I open the panel, click on the Clipman tray icon, the clipman history window opens; I click on the line I need, the history window closes, but the panel remains visible until I click on it.

Is there a way to make the panel hide by itself, when the clipman window closes ?

Xfce 4.8.0.3 under Debian 7.7

#2 2014-11-09 14:09:33

MountainDewManiac

Re: Panel auto-hide does not

Debian 7.7 was released just last month and it's still using XFCE 4.8.x?  XFCE 4.10 was released 2½ years ago, FFS(*)!

I thought Debian was talking about going to a newer XFCE this year?

(*)For Fred's Sakes wink

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2014-11-09 14:25:49

sixsixfive
Website

same issue here on debian testing xfce 4.10

MountainDewManiac wrote:

Debian 7.7 was released just last month and it's still using XFCE 4.8.x?

Because its still stable which was released in May 2013(feature freeze was june 2012) and stable gets only security fixes after it's release...

anyway if you want something newer you can always switch to another release

https://packages.debian.org/search?suit … ords=xfwm4
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?log … debian.org
see also:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases#Introduction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian#Distributions

cheers

Last edited by sixsixfive (2014-11-09 14:33:52)

#4 2014-11-09 16:14:34

MountainDewManiac

sixsixfive wrote:

same issue here on debian testing xfce 4.10

MountainDewManiac wrote:

Debian 7.7 was released just last month and it's still using XFCE 4.8.x?

Because its still stable which was released in May 2013(feature freeze was june 2012) and stable gets only security fixes after it's release...

Ah. Maybe they froze XFCE a couple months early, since it's a DE?

Anyway, I've tried to replicate the behavior with Clipman and cannot. My version of Clipman is 1.2.5, and that's not quite the newest. If you guys are running an older one, maybe you can try that version and report if it takes care of the issue?

My WM is xfwm 4.11.2something, but IDK if that's what controls the panels. If someone knows, I can check my version and see if I've got a copy of the changelog for versions previous to it, maybe whatever file it is will make some mention of having corrected such an issue at version "x" (if a newer Clipman doesn't fix it) and, IDK, maybe you'll have that version in the Testing or something?

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

#5 2014-11-09 17:48:49

sixsixfive
Website

MountainDewManiac wrote:

Anyway, I've tried to replicate the behavior with Clipman and cannot. My version of Clipman is 1.2.5, and that's not quite the newest. If you guys are running an older one, maybe you can try that version and report if it takes care of the issue?

Maybe you are using the panel-plugin, since it doesn't seem to have this issue - eg it seems more like systray issue

>Ah. Maybe they froze XFCE a couple months early, since it's a DE?

they froze all packages in june 2012 and fixed their outstanding bugs

Last edited by sixsixfive (2014-11-09 17:51:45)

#6 2014-11-09 21:53:43

MountainDewManiac

sixsixfive wrote:
MountainDewManiac wrote:

Maybe you are using the panel-plugin, since it doesn't seem to have this issue - eg it seems more like systray issue

Okay. I just looked for "systray" under installed files in Synaptic Package Manager and didn't see it, so you're probably correct.

sixsixfive wrote:

What I meant was, if they froze in June, 2012... XFCE 4.10 appears to have been released on April 28, 2012 (before the freeze).

Is a newer version of Debian Stable expected before the end of this year? A "major version"(?), I guess?

Regards,
MDM

PS   Since I'm asking about Debian anyway, does it still have the NetInstall thing, where one can download a very small thing, run it, and end up with a complete system because all of the rest of it downloads/installs via the Internet?

Mountain Dew Maniac

#7 2014-11-19 00:26:44

dubois

MountainDewManiac wrote:
sixsixfive wrote:
MountainDewManiac wrote:

Okay. I just looked for "systray" under installed files in Synaptic Package Manager and didn't see it, so you're probably correct.

sixsixfive wrote:

What I meant was, if they froze in June, 2012... XFCE 4.10 appears to have been released on April 28, 2012 (before the freeze).

Is a newer version of Debian Stable expected before the end of this year? A "major version"(?), I guess?

Regards,
MDM

PS   Since I'm asking about Debian anyway, does it still have the NetInstall thing, where one can download a very small thing, run it, and end up with a complete system because all of the rest of it downloads/installs via the Internet?

MountainDewManiac the answer is "yes" to the question asked in your PS, above.  SEE https://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/ although I haven't tried their netinst - which always worked fine for me -  for about three years I've been on openSUSE.

Board footer