Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-11 04:05:14

mogilka
Website

How to adjust the focus of windows properly?

Hi there. I love xfce for lightweight and use it for many years, but there is one disadvantage that I can not eliminate. New windows are always open on top over all opened earlier apps, even if I work with those apps, print something. It's annoying terribly. I tried to adjust windows focus settings in both system sections, but I can not get results. I need another application or sudden dialogs to run always in the background, if I have been working with some app. In Windows OS was as follows: a new window opens under active windows, and at the same time starts blinking on the taskbar. I want XFCE to make it the same way.

I tried uncheck "Always move the new window to the front" in the settings but it is inconvenient because any dialogs (even caused by me) also appear without focus. So I can neither fill the input field or press button until click on dialog. The same effect on trying to rename some file via F2. That is the problem in modal windows - even if I called them myself, they are not in focus. Terribly uncomfortable! Prompt how to adjust?

I use XFCE under Ubuntu 14.04, but the problem exists for a long time

Freedom rulezzz! Dependence suxxx...

Board footer