#1 2014-12-04 13:19:43

Izanagi13

[Solved] Switching workspace do not change focused window

Im using updated Linux Mint 17 Xfce.
Example:
I have 2 workspaces:

Workspace 1: Firefox, PDF, Mediaplayer, Aptana Studio
Workspace 2: PDF, LIbreOffice Writer, Thunderbird

I'm writing some code on AptanaStudio on workspace 1. I need to check some documentation in PDF located on workspace 2. I switch to workspace 2 using CTRL + F2 keyboard shortcut. And there is the problem - Aptana Studio switch to workspace 2 with me, still focused. I ALT TAB to PDF, read something and press CTRL+F1 to go back to workspace 1. And now PDF switch to workspace 1 with me.
When i right-click PDF on panel, i can see option "Only on this workspace"chcecked. What is wrong? When i change workspaces i want all programs to stay on workspace I opened them on, or where I put them. How can i do it?

#2 2014-12-04 14:11:54

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Switching workspace do not change focused window

Mint 17 is running Xfce 4.10, I believe.

Interesting thing is that I am unable to purposefully replicate this behaviour in any way (I'm not using Mint though). The only thing I can think of is that those apps are somehow raising themselves and you might have "Bring window on current workspace" enabled in Settings Manager >> Window Manager Tweaks >> Focus. If so, try changing the "When a window raises itself" value to "Do nothing" to see if that helps.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-12-05 09:28:19

Izanagi13

Thank you for your concern

Yes, im running Xfce 4.10.
Changing "Bring window on current workspace" value in Focus to "Do nothing" do not help.

I looked up in in Windows Manager settings -> keyboard. All shortcuts are default, but i clicked reset to defaults and now switching works as it should work. I have installed Mint 17 Xfce with /home mounted on partition used earlier by Mint 16 Cinnamon. I cleared .config and others after installation from files that do not interest me, but maybe i left something behind?

By the way, when i was in Window Manager keyboard setting i tried changing "show desktop" from CTRL-ALT-D to super-D, but pressing super always bring whisker menu up, even when i use it with combination with D-key and desktop is not shown. ctrl-alt-d works good though. Changing xfce4-popup-whiskermenu from "Super L" to other letter still brings up menu up when super is pressed

#4 2014-12-05 12:23:16

ToZ
Administrator

Izanagi13 wrote:

I looked up in in Windows Manager settings -> keyboard. All shortcuts are default, but i clicked reset to defaults and now switching works as it should work. I have installed Mint 17 Xfce with /home mounted on partition used earlier by Mint 16 Cinnamon. I cleared .config and others after installation from files that do not interest me, but maybe i left something behind?

It must of been, but it sure is one strange bug.

By the way, when i was in Window Manager keyboard setting i tried changing "show desktop" from CTRL-ALT-D to super-D, but pressing super always bring whisker menu up, even when i use it with combination with D-key and desktop is not shown. ctrl-alt-d works good though. Changing xfce4-popup-whiskermenu from "Super L" to other letter still brings up menu up when super is pressed

This is a known bug in Xfce. You can't have a modifier key and a modifier + other key(s) because they trigger on key press. Hopefully the bug will get sorted out soon.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer