Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-16 20:00:22

olivion20

back-lit keyboard on arch

i have an ASUS ZENBOOK UX32A and i am running arch linux and i have XFCE4 as my DE. (with a few themes), for some reazon i can not adjust the backlit using fn+f3 or nf+f4 (the other keys to adjust the screen brightness and the volume works just fine) i know i can change the backlit by typing  echo 0 | sudo tee /sys/class/leds/asus::kbd_backlight/brightness in the terminal, but i do not want to do that. i prefer to just use the buttons on my keyboard. can anyone help me here?

#2 2014-12-16 20:47:31

ToZ
Administrator

Re: back-lit keyboard on arch

One possible way would be to set up xbindkeys to execute your commands when the function key combinations are pressed. Note that you'll run into a problem using this method because sudo is required and sudo can't be automated. If you look at this thread you'll notice a dbus-send command towards the end that you might be able to use to turn on and off the keyboard backlight without requiring sudo.

One additional note: on my laptop, the keyboard backlight functionality is controlled in the bios and configuration changes are made there. You may wish to have a quick look in your bios for such a setting.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer