Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-17 08:35:03

gonzalosangil

[Solved] # is there a way to make xrandr layout tart with the system boot up...

# ..the way the two monitors set up were loaded from the beginning...?

# ! now, it seems necessary to load a previously saved layout, every time the computer is on...

#2 2014-12-17 11:24:10

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] # is there a way to make xrandr layout tart with the system boot up...

By "beginning" do you mean at boot, when the login screen displays, or after you login when your desktop displays?

See here and/or here.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-12-18 08:05:19

gonzalosangil

Re: [Solved] # is there a way to make xrandr layout tart with the system boot up...

1) I mean after login.
2) these link drive to ubuntu and arch distros that I think are different from fedora... and generally refer to xrand. Im using arand on fedora 21... so I'm afraid they will not work for my set up..
3) more suggestions, please... although I'm keep on looking...
# Thank You again

#4 2014-12-18 12:23:39

ToZ
Administrator

gonzalosangil wrote:

1) I mean after login.

Create and save your screen layout in arandr. This will create a $HOME/.screenlayout/default.sh file. Make sure this file is executable. Then add it to your autostart applications.

2) these link drive to ubuntu and arch distros that I think are different from fedora... and generally refer to xrand. Im using arand on fedora 21... so I'm afraid they will not work for my set up..

arandr is a front-end to xrandr. The information in those links should work with any distro.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2014-12-18 18:36:18

gonzalosangil

# Thank You.
# again.
# smile
# ! learning every day.

Board footer