Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-01 05:44:50

191jordan

Tumbler

Does anyone know who takes care of Tumbler and if it is actually part of XFCE? Seriously, I thought the issues with Tumbler were supposed to be fixed. I did a HDD recovery recently and ended up with a folder of 1300 media files and tumbler floods my computer's memory and rendered it useless. I have turned it off for now but would like to be able to use it. I found an old Ubuntu bug dating back to 2011 for something similar but it is confirmed/unassigned.

Any one know who looks after it and if we can submit a bug that might actually get fixed (he says not holding his breath)?

#2 2015-01-01 06:29:11

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Tumbler

191jordan wrote:

Does anyone know who takes care of Tumbler and if it is actually part of XFCE?

Yes it is part of Xfce. From http://git.xfce.org/xfce/tumbler/tree/AUTHORS:

Jannis Pohlmann <jannis@xfce.org>
Philip Van Hoof <philip@codeminded.be>

GStreamer video thumbnailer by Ross Burton <ross@linux.intel.com>
ODF thumbnailer by Nick Schermer <nick@xfce.org>
Raw thumbnailer by Tam Merlant <tam.ille@free.fr>

---

Seriously, I thought the issues with Tumbler were supposed to be fixed. I did a HDD recovery recently and ended up with a folder of 1300 media files and tumbler floods my computer's memory and rendered it useless. I have turned it off for now but would like to be able to use it. I found an old Ubuntu bug dating back to 2011 for something similar but it is confirmed/unassigned.

There is a workaround script to deal with this issue on this Arch wiki page, but it should work fine for other distros as well.

Any one know who looks after it and if we can submit a bug that might actually get fixed (he says not holding his breath)?

Tumbler bugs can be found here. Looks like there are a couple similar to your issue. Feel free to add to them. They are also listed over at the Xfce BountySource Issues page.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer