Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-13 11:17:32

kai2nd

Keyboard shortcut not passed through to application

Hi all,

I've just swapped KDE for XFCE4 on a kubuntu 14.04 install - and I'm enjoying the boost in responsiveness that this broad me. :-)

But with the change came a problem that I cannot seem to fix by myself: I'm using "Control-Up" as keyboard shortcut in an application; it worked in KDE, it stopped working when I started to use XFCE. The same application uses "Control-Down" …and this continues to work.

I know that the place to check is Settings → Windows Manager → Keyboard Shortcuts Tab. Now my problem is this: Control-Up is not in the list of shortcuts. So I cannot "clear" the entry there.

Any advise?

best wishes, kai

#2 2015-01-13 11:49:06

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Keyboard shortcut not passed through to application

How about Settings Manager -> Keyboard -> Application Shortcuts? Is it listed there?

You can also see all of the shortcuts easily through Settings Manager -> Settings Editor -> xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts channel.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-01-13 15:09:35

kai2nd

Re: Keyboard shortcut not passed through to application

Hi ToZ,

no luck in the Application Shortcut list, and not in xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts (but I hadn't seen these places before, so thanks a lot for pointing it out!).

What is strange to me is that while the shortcut does not work as before in the app, it also doesn't seem to trigger anything at all.

cheers, kai

Board footer