Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-16 22:42:42

carsten

No directory thumbnails in thunar

Hej,

I'm on Manjaro XFCE now since Christmas, and I am very very satisfied with it.
However, I have one strange problem: Thunar shows all different kinds of nice thumbnails for files, and it also has nice thumbnails for all these special directories like
home, music, etc. However, it does not display any thumbnail for directories - which I find rather unpleasant.

I've been through quite some pages on the internet talking about enabling thumbnails (yep, I have them enabled, and I see most of them) and using tumbler, but it seems that this problem is not addressed anywhere.

Anybody a good idea where this might come from?
Where are the thumbnails located that are used for directories like Downloads?

/Carsten
3.16.7.3-1-MANJARO
XFCE 4.10
Thunar 1.6.3

#2 2015-01-17 01:43:58

ToZ
Administrator

Re: No directory thumbnails in thunar

carsten wrote:

However, it does not display any thumbnail for directories - which I find rather unpleasant.

Unfortunately, Thunar does not support directory thumbnails (ala Windows). There has been some work done, but nothing completed yet.

Where are the thumbnails located that are used for directories like Downloads?

See: xdg-user-dirs. The folder images are part of your icon theme - I believe in the places folder.

You can also assign emblems to Thunar folders. Right-click the folder, Properties -> Emblems. These emblems are located in your icon theme's emblems folder.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer