disable down menu

hello,
Woh can I disable menu on the bottom?
http://www.hostpic.org/images/1501191827320106.png

#2 2015-01-19 13:15:55

sixsixfive
Website

Re: disable down menu

right click>panel>panelsettings>In the Dropdown/Combobox, select panel you want to remove>click the remove button

#3 2015-01-20 02:26:56

syn0ptik

hi,
I don't have this in my panelsettings:
http://www.hostpic.org/images/1501200755060107.png

#4 2015-01-20 06:11:43

MountainDewManiac

syn0ptik wrote:

hi,
I don't have this in my panelsettings:

http://www.hostpic.org/images/1501200755060107.png

My guess would be that you'd click on the "-" button in the top right-hand corner of that window. After you select the panel you wish to remove, of course.

Regards,
MDM

Last edited by MountainDewManiac (2015-01-20 06:12:33)

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#5 2015-01-20 12:06:14

cmcanulty

I think he just wants to remove menu not entire panel. So rt click panel then cl panel then panel preferences and then items, select items then select menu and cl - button

#6 2015-01-20 12:58:00

MountainDewManiac

Ah, okay. I didn't see any menu in the first image; to me it looked like one of those "dock" gizmos that was blank with "your stuff goes here" generic icons that hadn't actually been filled in yet and I guessed that maybe... IDK, the first post looks to have gone through one of those robo-translators, since it dropped at least one word (the) and I didn't have a clue what a "woh" was, so... I was just guessing at the intent of the thread based on post #2, lol. :embarrassment:

That's one of the reasons that I kind of wish people would include a copy of the message in the original language when using one of those automated translation things, so that when I had trouble figuring out what the mangled output meant, I could run the original through a few of them, myself. (Another reason being that the different translations are sometimes rather comical and I don't find many reasons to chuckle any more.) But that's sort of hypocritical of me, now that I think about it, since this is a Belgish(? Belgiumish? Belgese? IDK, the server appears to be in Namur, in Wallonia, in southern Belgium) website, but I don't even try to post in WtF-ever language they speak there (Belgese? Belgiumistanski, lol?) since I'm a dumb "American" and only (more or less) speak English - possibly enough extra to pick up a woman in a Mexican bar or to get stabbed in a Russian one, but that doesn't really help much when discussing computers wink . So I just generally muddle through and occasionally try to guess via context and others' responses. Carry on....

Regards,
MDM

Last edited by MountainDewManiac (2015-01-20 13:00:31)

Mountain Dew Maniac

#7 2015-01-20 15:50:10

cmcanulty

now I am having an old issue with the panel. I want the trash all the way to the right which I can do by putting in a separator and expanding it. Then I want window buttons on left side but whatever I do I can only get the window buttons on the right side by the trash. Part of the issue is it is impossible to see the separator

#8 2015-01-20 20:12:46

MountainDewManiac

This one works for me. It assumes a full-width panel, one item on the left, one item on the right, and an expanded panel between. It also assumes XFCE 4.10 (or, possibly, newer):

Right-click on the middle. You will almost be guaranteed to hit the separator. Move your mouse cursor to "Panel." Its sub-menu will open; select (left-click) on "Panel Preferences." Make sure that the panel you are editing is the one selected at the top (if you have only one panel, you may ignore this step). Left-click on the third tab, "Items." Select (left-click) "Window Buttons" and then left-click on the up-arrow to move it to the top of the list - if it is currently third in the list, you would left-click on that up-arrow twice.

Most panel applets are easy to move - you just right-click on them and select the "Move" option. The Window Buttons applet is tougher, because the applet is invisible unless it is showing representations of running applications - and, in that case, selecting the "Move" option for one of them only allows the user to move the running application's window. That's what makes the above procedure necessary for this applet.

Regards,
MDM

Last edited by MountainDewManiac (2015-01-20 20:18:30)

Mountain Dew Maniac

#9 2015-01-20 23:15:45

cmcanulty

Thanks that worked, seems complicated for a simple tweak. I am saving your answer for the future as I run 18 computers for our library.

#10 2015-01-21 05:56:50

MountainDewManiac

cmcanulty wrote:

seems complicated for a simple tweak.

It probably "reads" more complicated than it is. I suspect (don't know) that you could have moved the other two items normally instead, but the separator might be problematic - although one can adjust it to have a visible aspect in its properties - and it probably doesn't hurt to know how to access the properties of panel applets via the panel menu, anyway.

cmcanulty wrote:

I am saving your answer for the future as I run 18 computers for our library.

That's awesome that you've got your library set up with linux!

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

#11 2015-01-21 12:17:03

cmcanulty

No I tried moving them normally and did nothing I will make the separator visable too, thanks

Board footer