Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-09 00:09:50

ether_joe

in Settings Editor -> keyboard shortcuts, need some 'Values'

Hello everybody, I'm using XFCE for the first time with Linux Mint. I dig the philosophy and lightweight approach.

I am trying to customize for my laptop's keyboard. I want to set PrintScr to Home and Pause to End. I'm able to override the keys; however I need the corresponding 'value' for Home and End.

For example, where <Alt>Delete    maps to   del_workspace_key, I need the value for the right side that corresponds to Home and End.

I tried home_key and end_key, but no luck.

Where are these settings defined? I thought I might take a look through the repo, but I can't figure out which one to clone. I tried xfce4-settings but no luck.

Thanks!

#2 2015-02-09 00:30:16

ether_joe

Re: in Settings Editor -> keyboard shortcuts, need some 'Values'

Along those lines .. I want to remap CapsLock to left Control globally throughout the system. I do it in the same place yes? What would the string be for left control?

Is there a particular file in the code which handles this?

Thanks.

#3 2015-02-09 02:23:48

ToZ
Administrator

I think you'll probably want to use xmodmap for this.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#4 2015-02-12 16:35:37

ether_joe

thanks ToZ, I will check it out.

Also - installed Lubuntu on a few machines at a high school here in Oakland. Painless installation and the OS really is lightweight. Window manager seems excellent. Looking forward to getting deeper in to the lightweight linux world.

Board footer