Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-19 01:53:43

garrytri

xfce main panel move opentabs,

Hi all - my first post so Hello!,

I'm use to some of the features of Mate, one being able to re-arange the many open tabs I'll have sitting on the main panel. 

Can this be done with XFCE panel?   

On Mate I would just drag & drop to re-arange.

I'm running xfce4-panel 4.11.0 on Mnt 17

Thanks
Garry

#2 2015-02-19 05:39:46

MountainDewManiac

Re: xfce main panel move opentabs,

It seems like you should be able to - I just checked that out and the user can "grab" one with his/her mouse, and when es then moves the mouse cursor with the left button held down, the application's representation moves right along with it... But, upon releasing the mouse button, it returns to its original position (at least in my distro). Maybe it used to work like you're wanting and has since been broken, perhaps it was a feature that was started but never finished, or possibly they attempted to implement it and failed? Or maybe it's not a feature and the "grabbing and dragging around" part should not be in evidence at all, IDK.

It might be a useful thing for some. You might want to ask about it on the XFCE developer email list.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2015-02-19 05:58:51

garrytri

Hi MDM, Thanks for the reply.

Yep, that's behaviour I have.  Its a feature that I use all the time, as I will have many open prog's/windows whist enguaged in IT work & Support, it allows me to organise my flow.  I Just added Mate for now, but I do love the simplicity of xfce, will look into dev mailing list.

Cheers
Garry

#4 2015-02-19 09:53:26

Mark7

If you go into Windows buttons preferences and choose "Allow drag and drop" from the Sorting Order drop down menu that will do what you're after.

#5 2015-02-19 10:30:14

garrytri

Thanks Mark7, I was not going to find that in a hurry, even with my google searches, as not using the right terms "windows buttons etc". Yes it makes sence now.

Go: Panel > Panel Preferences > Items > scroll to 'windows buttons' select edit on right > Sorting Order - Allow drag-and-drop   smile Happy camper

#6 2015-02-19 20:02:47

MountainDewManiac

Mark7 wrote:

If you go into Windows buttons preferences and choose "Allow drag and drop" from the Sorting Order drop down menu that will do what you're after.

So simple. So logical, lol. Thanks.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

Board footer