Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-05 00:18:03

alekzxd

Query: Keyboard Shortcuts, some commands and visual appearance.

Good, previously used as OpenBox window manager, but decided to switch to XFCE for convenience, but can not find how to do certain things.
First, get used to minimize windows to the "Super + m" command, this was done by modifying the "rc.xml" file and add the corresponding label to minimize, but XFCE not find where to put it, tried it in "Configurations > Keyboard> Shorcuts "but do not know the command to minimize, so is maximized, using" Super + up "for the command" toggle maximized "but do not know the command to add it to Shorcuts. And "Super + R" to close windows, replacing "Alt + F4" but again the same, I do not know the command to close windows.

Another thing that bothers me is that having minimized applications in the xfce4-panel appear in a gray color, I'd like that would not happen, but are displayed with their normal color.

And finally, I liked the new way of switching between apps using "Alt + Tab" now preview the application is shown, but there are two things I would change, the first and most important is that being changing application, if any is minimized shown in a gray color, unlike those that are not shown so colorful, and the second, in the same "Alt + tab", the window displays applications open is a light gray color, there is another way to change color? I such as light blue?

Thank you very much for reading my post, I'll be on the lookout for those who like to help me, I leave a screenshot of my newly installed Xubuntu half hour ago.

PwWSXVz.png

#2 2015-03-05 01:14:06

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Query: Keyboard Shortcuts, some commands and visual appearance.

You don't mention it directly, what version of Xubuntu is that? Have you installed the 4.12 PPA and using it? And more specifically, what version of xfwm4 are you using:

xfwm4 -V

---

First, get used to minimize windows to the "Super + m" command, this was done by modifying the "rc.xml" file and add the corresponding label to minimize, but XFCE not find where to put it

The window manager shortcuts are listed at Settings Manager >> Window Manager >> Keyboard. The "minimize" event is called "Hide Window" with the default shortcut of Alt+F9. If you want to change it, double-click the entry and then press Super+m when prompted.

Another thing that bothers me is that having minimized applications in the xfce4-panel appear in a gray color, I'd like that would not happen, but are displayed with their normal color.

Not sure here. I wonder if there is a gtk hack for this.

And finally, I liked the new way of switching between apps using "Alt + Tab" now preview the application is shown, but there are two things I would change,

The tabwin is now fully themeable in 4.12. Have a look at the relevant settings in the Greybird themes gtk-2.0/gtkrc file for examples on how to tweak it. Here is a snippet:

style "xfwm-tabwin"
{
	Xfwm4TabwinWidget::border-width = 1
        Xfwm4TabwinWidget::border-alpha = 0.9
	Xfwm4TabwinWidget::icon-size = 64
	Xfwm4TabwinWidget::listview-icon-size = 16
        Xfwm4TabwinWidget::alpha = 0.8
        Xfwm4TabwinWidget::border-radius = 10

bg[NORMAL]	= shade (0.35, @bg_color_dark)
	bg[ACTIVE]	= shade (0.65, @selected_bg_color)
	bg[PRELIGHT]	= shade (0.85, @selected_bg_color)
	bg[SELECTED]	= shade (0.45, @bg_color_dark)

fg[NORMAL]	= shade (0.8, @base_color)
	fg[ACTIVE]	= @base_color
	fg[PRELIGHT]	= @base_color

engine "murrine" {
		roundness	    = 6
		contrast            = 0.8
		highlight_shade     = 1.00
		lightborder_shade   = 1.0
		gradient_shades     = {0.9,1.2,1.2,1.4}
		border_shades       = { 3.5, 3.5 }
		reliefstyle         = 0
		shadow_shades	    = { 1.3, 1.7 }
		textstyle = 1
		text_shade = 0.25
	}
}

style "xfwm-tabwin-button"
{
	font_name = "bold"
}

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-03-05 02:14:52

alekzxd

Re: Query: Keyboard Shortcuts, some commands and visual appearance.

Thanks for your answer was very helpful, now I have the same shortcuts used in OpenBox, now I just need to modify the gray color on minimized applications in the panel and the "alt + tab".
I'll have to stop beating searching through configuration files, I checked the files within the themes folder, use the theme Orion.

By the way, is my version of Xubuntu 14.04.2 with XFCE version 4.12

Last edited by alekzxd (2015-03-05 02:15:10)

Board footer