Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-08 17:11:22

jakeclawson

Remove Firefox from Windows list

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 14.10 Xfce 4.10 (from Ubuntu repos). Is there a way that I can remove Firefox from the Window List while it is running? The reason is that I usually watch YouTube videos that are quite long (1-2 hr lecture videos) while working on something else (I am a web developer). This will free up a lot of space on my panel and I can make the Firefox window to be 'Always on Top'.

TIA,
Jake

#2 2015-03-08 18:19:08

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Remove Firefox from Windows list

Not that I am aware of (the plugin doesn't come with any sort of black/whitelist functionality). You can get some space back on the panel by removing the icon text and/or grouping similar app instances. These settings are available in the Window Buttons configuration dialog.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-03-09 02:22:08

MountainDewManiac

You can set the filtering in the Window Buttons' configuration to only show minimized windows; I assume that means your unminimized video won't be there. If you're using a second monitor to show the video (fullscreen, perhaps) and are working on the first one, you can also set it to not show the ones from the second monitor (I'm not positive of this one, but pretty sure).

To easily access this application's (applet's?) configuration, since right-clicking on one of the apps it shows only shows that app's minimize/maximize/etc. menu: right-click on the panel, select Panel Preferences, click on the Items tab, select the Window Buttons app, and left-click on the "Edit the currently selected item" icon. (NOTE: If you had more than one panel, you would need to make sure you've got the correct one selected after selecting Panel Preferences.) Err... That reads more complicated than it actually is.

Additionally, IIRC, you can also set it to group related apps (IOW, if you have two or more copies of an application running, you could have them all be grouped together).

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#4 2015-03-09 09:02:24

sonycdr

You can get firefox in the systray with firetray plugin

Also if you need more place, use the Plank launcher and set intellihide and icons size smaller.
Set intellihide in the panel or install topmenu plugin

Here is my desktop with all mentionned above.

iAtPP0bl.png

Last edited by sonycdr (2015-03-09 09:15:59)

Board footer