Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-02 17:37:47

dtd

[Solved] mousepad view menu option

I am running xfce 4.12, mousepad 0.4.0_1

There is a new option, you can turn off the menubar. Cool. How does one get it back?? My soultion was to uninstall mousepad, delete the directory ~/.config/Mousepad; delete the file ~/.config/dconf/user and reinstall mousepad.

#2 2015-04-02 17:56:55

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] mousepad view menu option

Since version 0.4x is a GTK3 version, the settings are stored in gconf and are accessible via dconf-editor (GUI) or gsettings (CLI). Using the following commands, you can disable:

gsettings set org.xfce.mousepad.preferences.window menubar-visible false

...or enable:

gsettings set org.xfce.mousepad.preferences.window menubar-visible true

...the menubar.

You can list all of Mousepad's settings via:

gsettings list-recursively org.xfce.mousepad.preferences

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-04-02 23:25:30

MountainDewManiac

dtd wrote:

There is a new option, you can turn off the menubar. Cool.

No, cool would be if you could still access the menus even when they are hidden (as an example, like one can in Firefox). The current state of things is either a kludge or a bug, depending on how you look at it. Having to use a separate application - or the terminal - to recover the menu falls under the heading of "workaround," so I'm calling it a bug.

Regards,
MDM

Last edited by MountainDewManiac (2015-04-02 23:26:13)

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#4 2015-04-03 00:31:18

ozjd
Website

You can easily get it back. Just right click anywhere in Mousepad and there is an option on the right click menu.

#5 2015-04-03 01:02:14

MountainDewManiac

ozjd wrote:

You can easily get it back. Just right click anywhere in Mousepad and there is an option on the right click menu.

Lol, okay, thanks. I'll retract my previous statement then (with apologies to the developer). I suppose the owner's manual probably mentions it, but Help/Contents just takes me to some generic Xfce - that, strangely enough, doesn't even have the term "mousepad" anywhere on the page. Go figure.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#6 2015-04-03 01:13:17

ozjd
Website

MountainDewManiac wrote:
ozjd wrote:

Lol, okay, thanks. I'll retract my previous statement then (with apologies to the developer). I suppose the owner's manual probably mentions it, but Help/Contents just takes me to some generic Xfce - that, strangely enough, doesn't even have the term "mousepad" anywhere on the page. Go figure.

Regards,
MDM

Documentation is usually the last thing that gets fixed. I found it just by experimenting, or maybe I was trying to do something else. The option only appears if the menubar is off.

#7 2015-04-03 02:23:58

ToZ
Administrator

ozjd wrote:

And this old dog learns a new trick. I had no idea. Thanks.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#8 2015-04-03 20:30:49

dtd

The right-click does not work for me, but I broke some other stuff in the way I got it back. The 'gsettings' command works as advertised. Thanks to all. Perhaps a what's new might head off some of these issues. At the very least I would have less to complain about smile Anyway marking this as solved

Board footer