Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-04 04:53:12

kkomara

XFWM problem in Xubuntu on 14.04 - messed up title bar and borders

I have just received the Ubuntu 14.04 emmc memory card for my Odroid U3.  Originally my U3 was running Ubuntu 13.10 Xubuntu and all was well.  My new emmc from Odroid has Ubuntu 14.04 and came with Lubuntu so after doing all of the prep work required wtih new emmc (expand storage, update kernel, etc.) I installed xfce4 immediately.  Install went well but the title bar and borders are not displaying properly.  There is another post in the odroid form on this subject (http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=7475) - he has a screen print of exactly what I am seeing.  His fix was to replace xfwm with metacity - which I did - and borders are fine now - but I like xfwm MUCH better.  I am also using XFCE4 and xfwm on my Desktop AMD pc - same Linux 14.04 - same xfce4 version - but no issues with wfwm.  Must be problem specific to armhf.  Can someone help me get xfwm working on my Odroid U3 (xubuntu 14.04 armhf).

#2 2015-04-07 14:29:06

ungutknut

Re: XFWM problem in Xubuntu on 14.04 - messed up title bar and borders

Hi,

I have the same problem with my odroid XU3. Installed Lubuntu 14.04 > converted it to Xubuntu > got title bars like on a acid trip.

I just checked if a new xfwm4 version has changed anything but the xfce4.12 ppa is not very up to date when it comes to armhf-packages (4.11.1 which is from dec. 2013! hence older than the X/U3 - latest xfwm4 available on ppa for x86 is 4.12) so probably the devs already committed some bugfixes concerning our issue.

Would be nice if one of the ppa-maintainers would provide a arm-version of the newest xfwm. Or someone trying to compile newest xfwm4 on the odroid...

If anyone is interested in error-messages that appear when replacing metacity with xfwm4 (xfwm4 --replace), here's the output:
http://pastebin.com/WNry9TfN

No message appears when performing "metacity --replace" and everything looks ok again (although window-behaviour feels like from the last century).

Board footer