Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-08 20:03:38

sonycdr

Kiosk mode doesn't work at all.

Kiosk mode doesn't work at all.

I tried a sample file kioskrc for an example of user called "kiosk" and not part of any special group.  And that doesn't works entirely. Indeed, I put a restriction for the customization of the Panel and the desktop and this has no effect. I can customize the thing Panel which I wasn't expecting.
I note that what worked was "Shutdown"

Here is the file that I use in /etc/xdg/xfce4/kiosk/kioskrc

[xfce4-panel]
# CustomizePanel
# This allows only users in the group powerusers and the user foo to customize their panels.
CustomizePanel=%powerusers,sonycdr

[xfce4-session]
# The session manager supports the following KIOSK capabilities:

# CustomizeSplash
# Whether or not the user is allowed to customize the splash screen.
CustomizeSplash=ALL

# CustomizeChooser
# Whether or not the user is allowed to customize the session chooser settings.
CustomizeChooser=ALL

# CustomizeLogout
# Whether or not the user is allowed to customize the logout settings.
CustomizeLogout=ALL

# CustomizeCompatibility
# Whether or not the user is allowed to customize the compatibility settings (KDE/Gnome compat)
CustomizeCompatibility=%wheel,sonycdr

# CustomizeSecurity
# Whether or not the user is allowed to customize the security settings. This is one of the most IMPORTANT settings, since it prevents users (actually libICE) from binding to a TCP port.
Shutdown=%wheel,sonycdr

# Shutdown
# Whether or not the user is allowed to shutdown (reboot or poweroff) the system. If a user lacks this capability the reboot and poweroff options in the shutdown dialog will be greyed out.
#CustomizeSecurity=NONE
CustomizeSecurity=%wheel,sonycdr

[xfdesktop]
# UserMenu
# Whether or not to allow user modifications to the desktop menu. If not, xfdesktop will ignore the menu.xml file in ~/.config/xfce4/desktop/ and use the system menu in $sysconfdir/xdg/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml.
UserMenu=%wheel,sonycdr

# CustomizeBackdrop
# Whether or not to allow user modifications to the desktop backdrop. If not, the Backdrop settings panel will be greyed out.
CustomizeBackdrop=ALL

# CustomizeDesktopMenu
# Whether or not to allow user modifications to the desktop menu. This includes showing or hiding application icons, as well as showing or hiding the menu itself.
CustomizeDesktopMenu=%wheel

# CustomizeWindowlist
# Whether or not to allow user modifications to the window list. This includes showing or hiding window icons, as well as showing or hiding the menu itself.
CustomizeWindowlist=NONE,sonycdr

# CustomizeDesktopIcons
# Whether or not to allow the user to enable or disable the display of desktop icons, or change their style.
CustomizeDesktopIcons=brian,sonycdr

#2 2015-04-11 15:48:25

sixsixfive
Website

Re: Kiosk mode doesn't work at all.

did you copy your local xfce4-panel.xml and changed the permission at the top of the file? eg: https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?pid=35461#p35461

Board footer