Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-12 12:53:31

el muchacho

4.12 - DualMonitor not working after login screen

Hello,

i'm having a problem on XFCE 4.12 with LightDm (but with Slim it didn't work too).

I have two identical screen, one plugged on the DVI port, one on the HDMI. The Display setup to configure the dual monitors works fine if i plug the second while already logged in.

However, if i restart, XFCE never goes past the login screen... I get a sort of white screen with a cursor waiting (spinning like it's processing something) and it never makes it to the desktop. If i unplug one monitor... then it works fine. If i replug it... it works fine, its detected, etc.

ANy pointers welcome !
Hugo

Kernel: 3.18.9-hardened
Graphic card: ATI  Trinity Radeon HD 7660D

Last edited by el muchacho (2015-04-12 17:00:16)

#2 2015-05-03 14:18:56

doblerone

Re: 4.12 - DualMonitor not working after login screen

Same problem here using Archlinux 4.0.1. with also ATI graphic card and open source drivers.

Besides the issues pointed by el muchacho, In my case, if I boot my system using only one screen, either DVI or HDMI, it boots fine. But when I plug in the second one and press "Activate screen" in the display setup window that pops up, my system gets frozen and I have to hard reboot.

I have not been able to use my two screens at the same time since I installed XFCE4.

Thanks in advance!

#3 2015-05-03 14:34:53

ToZ
Administrator

But when I plug in the second one and press "Activate screen" in the display setup window that pops up, my system gets frozen and I have to hard reboot.

Out of curiosity, are you able to change VTs (Ctrl+Alt+Fx) when this hang happens? If so, does returning back to the original VT release the hang?

Might be best to create a bug report for this. There doesn't seem to be one there yet about this issue.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#4 2015-05-03 15:50:56

doblerone

Thanks for replying.
In my case, it completely freezes. I can't do anything but a hard reboot.

I will take your advise and I will open a bug report.

Board footer