Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-06 13:39:03

Nilak

[Solved] amixer command line doesn't work anymore

Hello,

I have a huge problem amixer command line doesn't work anymore... I'm used to use keyboard shortcut to change my volume with :

amixer set Master 1%+ -q

amixer set Master 1%- -q

Since yesterday these commands are useless and I have to use mouse to adapt my volume... It's very annoying!

What I have to do to make these shortcuts work?

Thank you in advance! big_smile

Last edited by Nilak (2015-05-11 12:14:35)

#2 2015-05-06 18:07:24

MountainDewManiac

Re: [Solved] amixer command line doesn't work anymore

Nilak wrote:

I have a huge problem amixer command line doesn't work anymore

Nilak wrote:

Since yesterday

In that case, something must have changed yesterday. Possibly several somethings, lol, but definitely one something that caused a change in the above. Either a change you made (such as changing a configuration file), one that the system made (an update happened, perhaps?), or one that "life" made (a power failure during an information write - especially with a non-journaling file system - for example).

One assumes that, had the latter had occurred, you would have mentioned it - so I'm discounting that one. That leaves a change/edit that you made or one that the system made.

Nilak wrote:

What I have to do to make these shortcuts work?

Identify the change that occurred yesterday (if nothing shows under "yesterday," check the day or two previous to it). Were there any file updates that you accepted during this time? Did you install/remove anything? Change a setting (even one that logic insists has nothing to do with your issue)? Check the "history" section of your update manager and (if applicable) Synaptic Package Manager or whatever alternate you use.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2015-05-11 12:13:49

Nilak

Re: [Solved] amixer command line doesn't work anymore

In PulseAudio I disabled all unused device (in configuration tab) and it works fine again!

Last edited by Nilak (2015-05-11 12:14:12)

Board footer