Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-07 02:30:40

bytesandbots

Custom action to display info as soon as typed in

I am trying to add some extra functionality in application finder.  I want to display some info as soon as user starts typing the query rather than the on pressing enter. Is this possible and how to do this?
I like to build some basic info such as calculator and dictionary and also some custom queries for me.

#2 2015-05-07 10:42:56

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Custom action to display info as soon as typed in

bytesandbots wrote:

I am trying to add some extra functionality in application finder.  I want to display some info as soon as user starts typing the query rather than the on pressing enter. Is this possible and how to do this?

Can you be a little more specific about what you want to happen here? By default, in collapsed mode, the history is used to auto-complete as you type. In regular mode, as you type, the available applications are filtered out.

I like to build some basic info such as calculator and dictionary and also some custom queries for me.

Have a look here for someone else's python calculator custom action. For dictionary, you can use something like:
- Type = Prefix
- Pattern = @
- Command = xfce4-dict --dict %s
...then simply type "@word" to get a definition for that word to pop up in the xfce4-dict application.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer