Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-12 22:37:07

OnlySomeDood
Website

[Solved] Volume resets to 100% while streaming video

Hey xfce-ers I installed fedora 22 xfce yesterday and am having an issue with my volume.  Whenever I play a video online (youtube for example) every time a new video starts the system volume resets to 100% regardless of the previous volume unless muted. 

I asked this question on ask fedora and it was suggested I post here as it may be an issue with xfce itself. The original question is at https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/questi … ing-video/

I appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Edit:
Some updated information..
Problem persists across multiple browsers, html5 videos are not effected nor are local files.  I recently did a system reboot and it no longer happens every time but it does still occur.

Edit:
Ok, it seems as though for whatever reason the audio didn't get properly installed, or perhaps something happened when i removed a couple packages, in any event I reinstalled pulse and noticed a couple new items got installed.  Rebooted and tested a few videos and everything has been working just fine. 

So it seems the issue has been resolved, how that could have caused it i'm not sure though but I've experienced stranger things in linux haha.

Last edited by OnlySomeDood (2015-06-13 16:36:00)

#2 2015-06-13 01:56:50

ozjd
Website

Re: [Solved] Volume resets to 100% while streaming video

Have you turned off saving cookies? Volume settings are saved in a cookie according to this site - http://www.ghacks.net/2013/10/12/set-fi … e-youtube/

#3 2015-06-13 02:36:54

MountainDewManiac

ozjd wrote:

Have you turned off saving cookies?

He did state system volume, so I don't see how any web browser or website setting could affect it.

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#4 2015-06-13 03:19:48

OnlySomeDood
Website

Yes it's the system volume, and so far youtube videos using flash seems to be the only thing effected.

Board footer