Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-15 11:07:44

mix4

Window frames - artifacts when moving it

Hello!
This is my first post and I would like to say hello.
Today i come back to Linux Mint 17.2 XFCE after few weeks episode with Archlinux.
And unfortunately the problems started right at the beginning, after fresh install.

I recorded a video, so you could see what I mean.
When i moving any window... please watch this video.
Window frames are... really ugly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSIZvkA1FJ4

Previously, on Arch (same xfce) I had no such problems with this, all work very good.

My PC:
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT
3 GB RAM
HDD 360 GB, (dualboot with Win XP)

I install nvidia drivers 340.76 and problem is there.
Same on nouveau and 304.125.

I try change screen options.
My Monitor is ViewSonic VS12264 Full HD 1080p, i have resolution 1920x1080p and refresh rate on menu settings -> display is 60,0 Hz. It is the only value, for anything else I can not change.
In monitor settings (Setup Menu) i find options like this:
- OSD Position/Time Out/Background

Try change this, but without results.

I have no idea what is wrong. Last time when i have Mint 17.2 (Cinnamon) everything worked perfect, no bugs/glitches etc.
Maybe it's problem with environment XFCE (my favourite)? But Arch on XFCE works like Cinnamon, same without problems.
I have same problem with frames when i once try Xubuntu distro, (Ubuntu, Mint based on this too - deduction like Sherlock).
Maybe *buntu family do not like my computer?
I don't know. sad

I do not know what to do, I would use this distro (have all what I need), but this "effect" is annoying. sad
I ask you for any help in solving this problem.
I hope some of you in free time visit this topic.

Last edited by mix4 (2015-09-15 11:18:14)

#2 2015-09-15 17:39:33

sixsixfive
Website

Re: Window frames - artifacts when moving it

you mean that cutting thing? eg: http://media.gamersnexus.net/images/med … cklist.jpg

thats tearing you need to turn on vsync on X11 to make it smoother(it will never go fully away on Xorg --> one of the major impovements with wayland)

PS: Xfwm sucks here you probably need to install compton or another window manager that handles this better

Board footer