Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-23 10:19:31

Ricca

[Solved] Shift + arrow up/down in terminal for text selection

Hi, I came from gnome and I'm a newbie of the xfce world. I work using emacs without X interface directly into the terminal. I get an odd issue because I'm not able to use the Shift+arrow key up/down to select the text. I'm pretty sure it is not an emacs issue because if I run it into a gnome-terminal-emulator all works. I googled but I've not been able to fix this problem. Do you have any suggestion??

All the best

#2 2015-09-23 11:49:21

MountainDewManiac

Re: [Solved] Shift + arrow up/down in terminal for text selection

I just had a look at the Xfce terminal's preferences (right-click somewhere in the terminal window and select Preferences if you don't have a visible menu on yours) and on the General tab, under Scrolling, is an option labeled "Scroll single line using Shift-Up/Down keys." That option is enabled on mine, and I assume it is the default because I haven't (IIRC) changed any of them. Take a look at yours and if that is enabled, disable it. My guess was, since you didn't see that behavior in a different terminal application, that the key combination was being used for something else - and my look at the preferences menu confirms it.

If that option isn't enabled on yours... IDK.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2015-09-23 12:26:42

Ricca

Re: [Solved] Shift + arrow up/down in terminal for text selection

Thanks a lot this solve my problem!

Board footer