Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-09-05 15:56:37

thewayofzen

removing icons from right click menus

I am certain there is a checkbox somewhere in the settings that allows the removal of the icons in the right click menus.
The problem is i sometimes imagine things or as is currently the case.. forget them.
Might someone remind me how to do so or if this is even possible..

I've been told to remove icons from the system icon folder but im certain theres a cleaner way.

thewayofzen/delaney

#2 2006-09-05 16:35:48

stonecrest

Re: removing icons from right click menus

There used to be a setting for removing icons from the desktop menu, but it appears to be gone in 4.4. The option is still there for the panel menu though, oddly enough.

The easiest way to get rid of icons is to put the following in your ~/.gtkrc-2.0

gtk-menu-images = 0

Note that this will disable icons in all app menus as well though. If you really only want to get rid of icons in the xfce menu and not app menus, you'll need to edit the menu (xfce-menueditor) and manually remove all icons.

#3 2007-04-11 20:51:18

Scotti

stonecrest wrote:

There used to be a setting for removing icons from the desktop menu, but it appears to be gone in 4.4. The option is still there for the panel menu though, oddly enough.

I noticed this too. I tried removing the icons manually but it still left quite a margin of space to the left of the text. I guess the .gtkrc-2.0 solution is the best one for now.

#4 2007-04-12 06:33:32

Nick
Dev
Website

The setting was indeed removed from the menu code :cry:.

Board footer