I'm using version 220.127.116.11 (Xfce 4.4 BETA2) from Debian unstable repository
1) Xfce 4.2 manual mentions 2 versions of pager (desktop switcher) One is graphical and another with the text label on each desktop icon. In my Xfce I cannot find the 'text' one. The graphical, with current desktop miniature keeps annoying me. Is text-pager unavailable now? Or M I just 2stupid to find it?
2) Is there any way to tell autostart to start app minimized -> eg. I want my feed reader to stay in tray, and I have to minimize it everytime I start Xfce
3) I'm not 100% sure that it's Xfce feature, but I did not have such thing while using KDE - when my Gajim gets new message there's flashing systray icon (which is the way I want to be notified 'bout new msg) and (what I don't want) flashing window on my task list. It would be quite normal, but it appears on my current desktop, while Gajim has it's own special desktop. I *think* it has sth to do with app-state notification but had no luck in finding out how to get rid of this
4) Is there any way to tell app to start in maximized window. I'd really love my thunar file manager to start maximized. Maybe simple --option will do? What kind of option? :-)
5) Finally - it's (probably) more like feature-request. There's no way to set logout manager "dont ask me if I want to save session" AND "ask me for logout action". Simple: I DO NOT want to save my sessions, ever, and I want to be able to choose if I want to logout/restart/shutdown. I know that I just have to ignore the checkbox, but it's also annoying, and sometimes I accidentally check it
And last, but not least: Xfce is great :-) !
Ehm, restarting applications in their last state (maximized/minimized) is exactly what the session manager (+ window manager) is for. Of course that doesn't work if you don't save your sessions. :-)
Not exactly. Thunar always started in small window - even when I used sessions for some time. Same thing with RSS reader.
Devilspie rocks! Thank you very much!
Thanks for linking the discussion, I only hope it's gonna end on 'make it configurable' ;-)
BTW: Any1 knows why thunar's process appears as Thunar (only process with any capitalics) it's very misleading!