Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-09-18 21:09:04

Dav26

Lots of probleme with use of xfce4-session [solved]

Hello and sorry for my english.

I use xfce4 for a few day and i decided to install xfce4-session, and now i have a lot of problem.

whitout xfce4-session

xfce4.jpg

with

xfce1.jpg

I lose the title barre of all application, the mini-desktop, i have also probleme to write with keyboard.

I try to make the last version of xfce but the problem continue and i don't found any solution on internet.

If somebody have understand that i have write and can help me, i'm very enjoy

david

#2 2006-09-19 07:21:07

gras
Website

Re: Lots of probleme with use of xfce4-session [solved]

Right-click on your panel -> Add new obejct -> Taskbar && Pager

[img]http://www.us.debian.org/logos/button-mini.png[/img]

#3 2006-09-19 07:29:14

McMax

Which player do you use and what theme? Looks nice.

#4 2006-09-19 07:49:36

gras
Website

[img]http://www.us.debian.org/logos/button-mini.png[/img]

#5 2006-09-19 18:31:54

Dav26

Thanks Matthias, but i think the problem is not here because i can't had pager, and all my probleme continue , but if i remove xfce4-session the problem are resolve but i can't save my session.

This problem is very strange because i nerver seen i person which have the same thing.

#6 2006-09-21 11:48:50

Lou Quillio

Dav26 wrote:

but if i remove xfce4-session the problem are resolve but i can't save my session.

Seems like your system is confused about which session to resume.  Two things to try:

• Empty the contents of ~/.cache/sessions, to destroy any cached sessions (guess you could back them up first, but they're rarely critical).  Make sure xfce4-session is running.  Make some simple changes to your current session (add panel applets, etc.).  Logout and login, and see if your session is now preserved.  Or ...

• Have a look at XFCE Menu -> Settings -> Sessions and Startup Settings.  Select Display chooser on login. Logout, login, and see if you're not given a choice of sessions to resume.  Also, to avoid confusion in the future, have a look at the Logout Settings (same dialog). My preference is not to save sessions automatically, but to be prompted for saving on logout.  That way I probably will save the session, preserving my current setup, but if something's gotten flaky and I just want to forget any changes made during the current session, there's a chance to do that.

Works for me.  I think folks have this issue all the time, it just presents differently.  A saved session can be a very black box.

LQ

#7 2006-09-21 16:52:10

Dav26

Thanks Lou Quillio, i just Empty the contents of ~/.cache/sessions,, like you tell me and now it's good.

:-*

Board footer