Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-12 21:15:41

technomeister

[solved]4.4RC2 installer problem

i'm trying to install 4.4RC2 using the installer, but Thunar compilation fails with :

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../.. -I../../plugins -I../.. -I../../plugins -DEXO_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"thunar-sbr\" -DNDEBUG -DG_DISABLE_CAST_CHECKS -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -DHAVE_GNUC_VISIBILITY -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include/exo-0.3 -I/usr/local/include/xfce4 -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr//include/cairo -I/usr//include/pango-1.0 -I/usr//include/glib-2.0 -I/usr//lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr//include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -O2 -pipe -MT thunar_sbr_la-thunar-sbr-replace-renamer.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/thunar_sbr_la-thunar-sbr-replace-renamer.Tpo -c thunar-sbr-replace-renamer.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/thunar_sbr_la-thunar-sbr-replace-renamer.o
thunar-sbr-replace-renamer.c: In function 'thunar_sbr_replace_renamer_init':
thunar-sbr-replace-renamer.c:195: error: 'PCRE_CONFIG_UTF8' undeclared (first use in this function)
thunar-sbr-replace-renamer.c:195: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
thunar-sbr-replace-renamer.c:195: error: for each function it appears in.)
gmake[3]: *** [thunar_sbr_la-thunar-sbr-replace-renamer.lo] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/xfce4-4.4RC2-installer/Thunar/plugins/thunar-sbr'
gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/xfce4-4.4RC2-installer/Thunar/plugins'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/xfce4-4.4RC2-installer/Thunar'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
!! Failed to build Thunar, see the errors above
!! for details on the problem.

i've tried the source package but it gives the same error. i'm using GCC4.1 if that helps any.

edit : the same happens with the latest daily svn version as well.

#2 2006-11-12 23:36:11

technomeister

Re: [solved]4.4RC2 installer problem

got it working... i had to remove my PCRE package (slackware 11) and compile it from source.

4.4 is looking mighty fine, keep up the good work   smile

#3 2006-11-20 13:56:55

Discodestroyer
Website

Re: [solved]4.4RC2 installer problem

Please edit the title of this post.
Add a [solved] in front of the title.

thx

Xubuntu 6.10 "Edgy Eft" Xfce 4.4 beta 2 with ATI Radeon Mobility 9600

Board footer