Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-23 16:21:41

wlkngowl

[SOLVED] Unable to install Thunar-Bundle-installer or xfce-goodies-installer

I was able to install Xfce 4.4 on XUbuntu Edgy with no problems. The compositor works great. I'm really happy with it.

No luck with Thunar bundle or the goodies.

The goodies want various libraries (such as exo-0.3.2) which I downloaded, built, ran make check with no errors and installed. I've even verified that the files are there, and cannot find the older versions of exo in the path.  Yet the goodies installer believes that an old version of exo is installed.  (So does the Terminal installer.)  Any ideas on how to fix this? What files should I look for besides libexo* ?

As for Thunar bundle, it's giving me erros when building the source code,
[CODE]
media-tags-provider.c:26:26: error: taglib/tag_c.h: No such file or directory
tag-renamer.c:32:26: error: taglib/tag_c.h: No such file or directory
[/CODE]

I assume that it (mistakenly) is not requiring a tag library that I need installed. What library should I isntall? I have the libtag1-dev package installed. I will try libtag0 I guess...

#2 2007-01-23 16:29:49

wlkngowl

Re: [SOLVED] Unable to install Thunar-Bundle-installer or xfce-goodies-installer

Installing the libtag0-dev package (Ubuntu) fixed the problem with Thunar-Bundle.

#3 2007-01-23 16:56:06

wlkngowl

Re: [SOLVED] Unable to install Thunar-Bundle-installer or xfce-goodies-installer

[QUOTE]The goodies want various libraries (such as exo-0.3.2) which I downloaded, built, ran make check with no errors and installed. I've even verified that the files are there, and cannot find the older versions of exo in the path.  Yet the goodies installer believes that an old version of exo is installed.  (So does the Terminal installer.)  Any ideas on how to fix this? What files should I look for besides libexo* ?[/QUOTE]

I found a /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/exo-0.3.pc file for the different version (the newer version was installed in /usr instead of /usr/local by mistake a while back, and I've just kept it that way).  That seems to have fixed it.

Board footer