Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-26 13:37:35

tct1501

Disable all keyboard shortcuts

Greetings all,

First off I wanna share with you I'm impressed by the new XFCE.

However, I want to disable all keybindings. In XFCE4.2 this was done by setting all entries in a file called keyboardtheme.rc (or something like that) to none. Now I cant find such a file. What I want to achieve cant be done through the keyboardconfiguration in the configmanager since few options are given to disable and you can only add stuff.

Anyone?

Thanks.

#2 2007-01-26 16:19:26

Nick
Dev
Website

Re: Disable all keyboard shortcuts

I don't get it. You want to disable all the application keyboard shortcuts and the window manager shortcuts? When you create a new theme in 'settings manager -> keyboard -> shortcuts' and drop the default entries you have no application shortcuts anymore. And in 'settings manager -> window manager -> keyboard' you can disable all the xfwm4 shortcuts (create a new theme first).

It that what you mean? :?

#3 2007-01-26 18:09:20

tct1501

Re: Disable all keyboard shortcuts

settings manager -> window manager -> keyboard' you can disable all the xfwm4 shortcuts

Yup, this was what I meant  ;D
I did do a searching for appropiate files where I could alter it. I checked the config manager, but apparently in the wrong places.

I think I am not the only in seacrhning the wrong places. I find the config manager not to be called very surveyable. Though there are but 16 entries, I oftenly find myself searching for the right config utility. But that's a just minor drawback to me. xfce rocks for the rest.

However, thanks a lot Nick

Board footer