Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-02 00:05:49

zachcarter

[partially solved] how do I map a menu to the left mouse button?

I've been trolling google and forums for a while, but I have not been able to find anything about this.  I'd like the windowlist menu to come up when I click the left mouse button out in the workspace.   I'd also like to customize the windowlist if possible, to make it ignore certain windows that I always have open.   Any tips would be appreciated.  thx, -Zach

#2 2007-02-02 07:48:31

Nick
Dev
Website

Re: [partially solved] how do I map a menu to the left mouse button?

If you want to popup the window list with the left mouse you have to hack the xfdesktop code (or use the middle click) and maybe you can try to set the 'skip taskist' hint or something for the common applications with develspie.

#3 2007-02-03 06:11:43

zachcarter

Nick wrote:

If you want to popup the window list with the left mouse you have to hack the xfdesktop code (or use the middle click) and maybe you can try to set the 'skip taskist' hint or something for the common applications with develspie.

Thanks for the tips!  I hacked the xfdesktop code as you suggested, and now the left button works like a charm.  For those interested, the code was in main.c inside the button_cb function (I changed button == 2 to button == 1).   Now, I wonder how hard it would be to make this into a more end-user-customizable setting.....

#4 2007-02-03 08:22:03

Nick
Dev
Website

I can already tell you such a setting will never make it into trunk smile.

Board footer