Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-16 23:11:24

pacificwing

Thunar, Automount, Sidebar and Permissions

Hi,

I seem to be having an annoyance with the auto-mount feature in thunar. I have it mostly working to the point where I can plug in my USB drive and other devices, and see them pop up on the desktop. The problem I'm having is that they do not appear in the thunar sidebar.

I am able to browse the devices, and appear to have read and write privileges. I am even able to navigate to the actual directory where the device is mounted (e.g. /media/devicename/). The problem is that no icon is listed in the sidebar (for unmounting/ejecting/etc). I do, however, have a device icon on the desktop.

One interesting note is that when I launch thunar from the terminal as root, the device icon DOES appear in the sidebar. However, when thunar is run as user, no icon appears. This would indicate there is some sort of permissions problem going on.

Any ideas on what would cause this or where to look?

Cheers,
-PW

#2 2007-02-16 23:35:20

pacificwing

Re: Thunar, Automount, Sidebar and Permissions

I corrected this problem.

I was running this package from a gentoo system and did not have my user added to the correct group (haldaemon). After adding my user to that group and restarting X, everything worked fine.

Cheers,
-PW

Board footer