Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-22 15:17:22

caermundh

[SOLVED] package requirements for XFCE4-4.4.1-installer.run?

hello,

I have downloaded xfce4-4.4.1-installer.run from the sourceforge mirror and am attempting to install it on an ubuntu 7.04 alternate install system. I had to install libgtk2.0-dev and libxpm-dev before i could run the graphical interface. Once i had that running, i still had to install libxml2-dev and libvte-dev before i met all of the "mandatory dependancies" listed by the installer. I also noticed that installing libdbus-glib-1-dev let me meet one or two of the "optional dependancies" that hadnt been met yet. However there are still several items under optional dependacies that say they are not met yet. I know that i dont HAVE to meet these requirements to install XFCE, however i would very much like to do so, just to ensure that xfce has every last thing it could possibly need.

The dependancies that arent being met are: libstartup-notification-1.0, hal-storage, xcomposite, xdamage, and jpeg (under Libraries). What pacakges do i have to apt-get install in order to meet these requirements?

#2 2007-08-22 20:09:26

caermundh

Re: [SOLVED] package requirements for XFCE4-4.4.1-installer.run?

<---- n00b!

It's positivley amazing how easy it is to figure out packages once you learn to use "aptitude search" LOL. (i've only been doing Linux on and off for a few years - mostly off heh)

Anyways, to answer my own question, install the following packages in Ubuntu 7.04 (alternate install) and you will have all required AND optional libraries needed:

libgtk2.0-dev
libxpm-dev
libxml2-dev
libvte-dev
libdbus-glib-1-dev
libstartup-notification0-dev
libhal-storage-dev
libjpeg-dev
libxdamage-dev
libxcomposite-dev

Board footer