Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-03 16:41:20

idomcfly

Clearbox theme, custom colors?

Me again (last question of the day wink )

In gnome, I use the Clearlooks widget theme but I've change the default colors. Can we change the default colors of Clearlooks in XFCE, when I switched to it, I get the default colors (grey)

#2 2007-12-04 20:09:54

crimesaucer

Re: Clearbox theme, custom colors?

idomcfly wrote:

Me again (last question of the day wink )

In gnome, I use the Clearlooks widget theme but I've change the default colors. Can we change the default colors of Clearlooks in XFCE, when I switched to it, I get the default colors (grey)

Do this: copy your clearlooks themes, give it a new name, keeping it in your /usr/share/themes

In Root...

cd /usr/share/themes
ls

to see your themes...

then,

cp -r clearlooks /usr/share/theme/clearlooks2

then...

ls

... to see your new clearlooks2 theme.

Now, in that clearlooks2 theme open the folder, then open the gtk-2.0 folder, and you will see a file called "gtkrc".

While you are still in root, open that file

cd /usr/share/themes/clearlooks2/gtk-2.0
ls
mousepad gtkrc

... now you should have your mousepad app open in Root (with the red line on top), and it should have your gtkrc file open.

You will now see the hex color codes (#D0D0D0), and that is where you make permanent changes to your themes colors... if you were talking about the "gray" color of the panel, and menubar/toolbar... then change the color of the bg[NORMAL] color. base[NORMAL] is for text area (like mousepad), text[NORMAL] is for text area font color, and fg[NORMAL] is for font color of the menubar/toolbar/panel...

You can mess around with your new theme development, and if you don't like it, you still will have your old default clearlooks theme.

You can also install the app "thewidgetfactory" to see your widgets and what changes what.

#3 2007-12-04 22:28:45

idomcfly

Re: Clearbox theme, custom colors?

thank you for the tips! If I resolve the other issue (taskbar glow) I'll switch!

Board footer