Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-21 10:23:16

miraz

How to change Opera icon in Alt Tab dialog?

Hi!

Can You please help me with this little problem? How can I change the icon of the Opera web browser in the Xfce4 Alt Tab dialog? I switched to Xfce from Gnome and I LOVE my customized Xfce and now just the awful Opera icon is disturbing me... smile

I tried to replace the Opera icons in /usr/share/icons/<icon theme> and /usr/share/pixmaps/opera.xpm and /usr/share/app-install/icons/opera.png with a link to my nice png icon but still I get the same awful icon in Alt Tab dialog... Any hint please? Also the XMMS icon there looks awful so the xfwm4 takes just some pixmpas in these two cases i guess...?

I also tried xffm-icons to edit the icons directly but I could not change any icon with this app and I have not found any help to this app.

Thanks for help! M.

#2 2008-01-21 21:33:33

miraz

Re: How to change Opera icon in Alt Tab dialog?

Hm,

so I ran gtk-update-icon-cache -f -t /usr/share/icons/<theme_name> to refresh the icon themes but still I get awful Opera and XMMS icons in both Task list and Alt Tab dialog...???

The Xfce menu (4.4.2) and also the Gnome system monitor (I'm sorry for spoiling Xfce with that stuff but I'm used to this app smile ) show now the new linked icons correctly...

Any ideas please?

Board footer