Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-04 09:52:03

chris_andrew

Just upgraded to Ubuntu Intrepid and my resolution is awful!

Hi, all.

I have just upgraded to Ubuntu Intrepid, and my resolution is awful, so much so that I can't use the settings dialogue to sort it.

I am using a different window manager to type this.  When I boot-up, the settings are fine, but when I log on with my account, the resolution is really bad. 

I've done a dpkg-reconfigure xorg-xserver, but this is just for the system settings and not for my profile.  I can't find the configuration anywhere in my home directory.  Can anyone help me get back to an xfce session?

Cheers,

Chris.

#2 2008-10-04 13:30:27

chris_andrew

Re: Just upgraded to Ubuntu Intrepid and my resolution is awful!

As the settings are only bad in xfce, can anyone tell me which file has the user's display config file.  I've looked for .xfce files, but can't see anything.

Many thanks,

Chris.

#3 2008-10-05 12:37:36

chris_andrew

I've done a fresh install, because I wanted to change to Xubuntu.  I was prompted to install an nVidia driver and did, but when I did this and logged into xfce, everything was such a low resolution, I couldn't actually select menus etc.  I removed the nVidia stuff and the highest res I can get is 800x640.  I'd like to increase this to about 1200.

Can anyone tell me how I can reach this resolution?  I'll try dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg.

Cheers,

Chris

#4 2008-10-05 21:01:49

spirtbrat

Come on, man. Try to help yourself before asking others. Little thinking, little googling... Did you try that? Sometime you need to do them simultaneously to have any effect smile
You need to edit your xorg.conf file. There are megatons of forum threads about that. Do the googling stuff.

The harder I work, the luckier I goddamned get.

Board footer